Structural Repair – Calne (Uk)
Following vehicle impact, the external fabric of the property was damaged. Causing visual damage to the brickwork, and building structure. The following works were carried out in order to present a safe and aesthetic property back to the client upon completion.
- The stonework boundary wall was removed and set aside in order to enable the works to be undertaken to the front and gable elevations to the main property
- Upon completion of the property repairs we rebuilt the front boundary wall utilising the original stonework/coping stones, bedding in the appropriate sand/cement mortar with fair faced pointing to both sides.
- We removed, set aside, and later reinstated the rain water downpipes of the property to enable works to the external walls.
- Supplied and erected scaffolding to allow the works to the Gable, Front and Rear elevations in order to facilitate all works
- We hacked off the render finish to the complete front and rear elevations of the property
- Removed and carefully set aside UPVC double glazed window to allow replacement of the stone window cill, then reinstated the window after required works to the cill
- Removed and replaced the existing damaged stone window cill to match the style, size and material of the original, and re-sealed around the window frame.
- Inspected area of external blockwork behind the render finish observed to be cracking. We then removed and replaced damaged blockwork and raked out and re-pointed the damaged mortar joints.
- Prepared walls and applied a new external K-Rend render finish to the fascia of all elevations
- Within an internal garage area, we set up a propping system to support the first floor concrete floor slab above the integral garage
- We removed and disposed of plasterboard ceiling and insulation then removed metal framed suspended ceiling system
- Removed the damaged internal blockwork completely to the gable wall to the corner of the front elevation then removed the damaged internal blockwork wall to the side section of the door/entrance nearest to the impact area
- All internal blockwork was then rebuilt to the gable end
- We supplied and fixed standard 12.5mm plasterboard to the ceiling complete, finished with scrim joints and 3mm skim coat finish. We then installed timber noggins as required for fixing of plasterboard.
- We decorated all ceiling and wall surfaces where required