Unit 1A Durnford Street,
Tel: 0117 9530882
This 2 bed property was damaged by smoke and fire, which started in the main living area and was uninhabitable in its current state. Our client instructed us to assess the damage, and make the relevant improvements to the inside of the property, and any external areas that were also affected by the fire, so that it could be allowed to be put back on to the rental market.
All fire damaged contents were removed and disposed of at a local licensed waste disposal centre, and all relevant waste was recycled where possible. The property was cleaned extensively so that fair assessments could be made with regard to the structure and aesthetic requirements throughout.
The Loft Area part of the property suffered from extensive smoke damage, so we removed all existing walking boards, treated the existing joists to eliminate all smoke odours and then replaced the walking boards with new tongue and groove chipboard. Underneath the chipboard we also replaced all of the insulation with new 300mm fibreglass to the entire area.
Throughout the rest of the property, all electrical fixtures (light fittings, sockets, switches, heaters etc) were removed, and the electrical circuits were tested by one of our NICEIC registered electricians. All second fix fittings was replaced for new.
The windows were removed and replaced, inclusive of ironmongery, glazing, jambs, head and cill. All installations of windows met with FENSA guidelines and were certified accordingly. The Upvc door was removed and replaced. All internal doors were removed, along with architraves and linings, and these were all then replaced with new. The existing quarry tiled floor was cleaned and we sourced and installed new tiles where some where beyond repair.
All walls and ceilings were cleaned thoroughly, a stain cover was applied prior to full decoration as per the client’s specification. Some skirting’s were replaced, however somewhere cleaned and reused before being decorated accordingly.
In the Lounge/Dining area, where the fire had started, we removed sections of plasterboard on the walls and ceiling (including archways) before replacing entirely and decorating accordingly, as well as replacing doors, windows and timber skirting’s/architraves as above. We removed the existing fireplace and grate, and also constructed a new stud wall to partially hide the staircase.
Both Kitchen and Bathroom suites were entirely removed with new wall tiles installed, new flooring installed and extensive decoration throughout.